Christmas Party Night Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings of facilities at Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club (hereafter called “LH&GC”) are accepted upon the following terms and conditions.
2. Receipt of these terms and conditions, together with LH&GC’s written quotation on the one hand and Client’s written confirmation in respect of the booking on the other hand shall constitute the contract between the Client and LH&GC and such contract shall come into effect immediately upon receipt of the written confirmation from the Client or their agent.
3. LH&GC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at its own discretion provided such amendments are notified in writing to the Client.
4. Bookings are provisional until receipt of appropriate written confirmation, together with a deposit of £10 per person. LH&GC reserves the right to cancel a booking without liability in the event of non-payment of a deposit.
5. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ARRANGEMENT AND FINAL NUMBERS ATTENDING
6. The Client must confirm in writing to LH&GC all information necessary to organise the function including the anticipated number of attendees not less than 28 working days prior to the function. Where a booking is made at less than 28 days notice, all such information must be confirmed at the time of booking. Changes to this are at the sole discretion of LH&GC.
7. Full payment should be made to LH&GC no later than 28 days prior to the event.
8. Final numbers for catering purposes including any special dietary requirements need to be confirmed to LH&GC no later than 14 days prior to the function. In the event of a booking occurring less than 5 days from the event the numbers given will be deemed final.
9. Where the actual attendance on the day varies from final confirmed numbers the account shall be calculated on the number confirmed by the Client or the number actually attending, whichever is the greater.
10. Cancellation charges are based upon the Client’s most recent confirmation.
11. LH&GC reserve the right to charge the Client in full for any cancellation made within 28 days of the event.
12 For all bookings payment is to be made in full, no less than 28 days prior to the event.
13 LH&GC reserves the right to action payment of any outstanding balance post event by use of the Client’s payment details and forward a receipt of payment to the address given by the Client. LH&GC will attempt to notify the Client before action of payment is taken.
14. The Client shall indemnify LH&GC against any loss, damage, cost or expense caused to or suffered by LH&GC or any agents, guest or employee of LH&GC arising as a result of the deliberate, casual or accidental act of the Client, his agent, employee or guest of the function.
15. LH&GC shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the property owned by, or in custody of the Client or his agents, employees or guest. Cars are parked in LH&GC car park entirely at the risk of the owners and their guests.
16. The Client shall not introduce in LH&GC any inflammable or hazardous material nor shall he or his agent, employee or guest commit any act which may endanger LH&GC or any persons within it. Clients will be responsible for ensuring that all measures necessary for the good health and safety of their employees, agents or guests are employed and enforced.
17. LH&GC does not allow the consumption of drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) or foods not purchased on the premises. If discovered the guest(s) will be asked to pay the prevailing corkage charge and then be asked to leave the premises. NB: Corkage – we define corkage as the substitute cost of (and not limited to) the house wine, spirits and champagne.
18. The Client agrees to take full responsibility, and reimburse LH&GC for the cost of repair arising from any damage to the property, contents or grounds by their employees, agents or guests.
19. LH&GC reserves the right to impose a minimum charge of £100 for soiling caused by irresponsible behaviour (to include damage caused by cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke). Smoking is strictly forbidden in all areas of LH&GC with the exclusion of the designated smoking shelter.
20. LH&GC must comply with certain insurance/licensing and statutory regulations and requires the Client to co-operate fully in meeting these.
21. All prices quoted include VAT unless otherwise stated.
22. LH&GC shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any terms or conditions of this Contract where compliance is prevented, hindered or delayed by any cause beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, storm, explosion, flood, Act of God, labour shortage, electrical/gas power failure, interruption of supplies or industrial action.
23. In the event of adverse weather preventing safe and reasonable access to the venue, we reserve the right to postpone your event and reschedule it within 45 days of the original booking.