Terms and Conditions
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- GENERAL Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club Limited is a company incorporated in England (with company number 03265159) whose registered address is Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club, Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30 5AQ.
- OCCUPATION a. The hotel room is to be occupied by you and those notified to us on arrival. b. No allowance can be made for meals not taken, golf not played or for rooms not occupied for the full period of your reservation. We also cannot be held responsible for missed tee times, adverse weather conditions or course closure, although we will endeavour to issue a new time.
- BOOKINGS a. Must be confirmed in writing (post, fax or email) within 7 days and be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of £25.00 per person per stay. b. No booking shall be binding on us until we have confirmed its acceptance to you in writing and the deposit has been cleared. c. Bookings may be made by telephone, writing or via the website at www.lanhydrockhotel.com d. We reserve the right to accept or refuse bookings at our absolute discretion. e. Bookings are for a maximum of four weeks and commence at 3.00pm on the first day of occupation and end at 10.00am on the day of departure unless otherwise notified. f. Bookings which exceed 7 days must be accompanied by an additional deposit of £25.00 per night for each additional nights stay. g. A £50.00 non refundable deposit is required per person for all Golf Break Packages.
- CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS a. Any booking made is personal to you and your party and cannot be transferred unless agreed in writing. b. If you wish to cancel the letting you must notify us in writing (Cancellation Notice). c. If you have to cancel your booking we will try to re-let the break. If we are successful then your deposit will be forfeited and we shall not look to you for any further payment. If you have to cancel your booking within 48 hours of your arrival date the full balance will be payable. This period is extended to 14 days for Golf Break Packages for individuals or groups of less than 6. For Golf Groups of 6 or more this is extended to six weeks. It is therefore in your best interest to insure against this liability. d. If we have to cancel your break for reasons outside our direct control, then we will notify you as soon as we can and refund the monies received to you, this being the maximum extent of our liability.
- CHANGING A BOOKING Once a booking has been accepted and confirmed by us, the booking can only be changed with our written agreement.
- INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES a. Lanhydrock endeavours to supply correct information from media, written and promotional material under our direct control. However, changes and errors can occasionally occur. Please check your reservation details carefully at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct or make changes in advertised prices and other details before your break is confirmed. b. Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content or information about our hotel that may be found on a third party website or other media forms.
- PAYMENTS a. All payments should be made to “Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club”. b. Payment will normally be accepted by cash, debit card, bank transfer or by any of the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, Euro card, Switch, Delta, Electron & American Express. c. Overseas applicants may pay by bank transfer or by MasterCard or Visa in sterling. Any charges for payments from overseas will be passed on to you. d. You are required to pay for the whole cost of your stay (excluding the deposit) on departure. Failure to pay will constitute a breach of these conditions. We reserve the right to charge for any unpaid items/services on departure using whatever payment method available. e. We reserve the right to amend prices quoted in published information due to error or omissions or changes in the VAT rate but such changes shall be notified to you as soon as possible. You shall be at liberty to cancel the booking if amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted. g. Subject to condition 6.5, any charges in the rate of VAT payable on the letting will be borne by you.
- DEPARTURE If you do not vacate the Hotel room by 10.00am on the day you are due to leave, we reserve the right to charge you for an additional day’s stay.
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP During your stay in the Hotel, you and your party will be temporary Golf & Fitness Suite Members of Lanhydrock Golf Club and as such bound by its rules (copy available on request) together with such contractual rates or variations as imposed by us from time to time.
- TELEPHONE & INTERNET a. All bedrooms have free Wi-Fi for reasonable use of bandwidth. Telephone calls can be made from your room and are charged at 24p per minute.
- PETS No pets are allowed in the Hotel or on the premises, apart from hearing dogs, dogs for the disabled and guide dogs for the blind. Please advise Lanhydrock in advance if you are going to be accompanied by any of the above.
- PARKING Cars must please be parked in the designated car parking areas. Car parking is provided free; however, subject to condition 17, the Hotel does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to cars or possessions left therein.
- SMOKING a. The Hotel operates a non-smoking policy in the bedrooms and public areas. b. Those found breaking this condition will be responsible for monetary contribution towards the cost of cleaning the room and loss of revenue as a result. We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for any period when the room cannot be re-let due to cleaning. c. A MINIMUM FEE OF £75.00 will be charged to residents who smoke in their room to cover the cost of cleaning, the period a room cannot be let and any damage caused.
- ACCESS We reserve the right to inspect the Hotel room during your stay and to have access to it in order to carry out any repairs or works that are not safe or practical to postpone until after your departure.
- DAMAGE & BREAKAGES You are required to take reasonable care in using the Hotel room and its contents. We reserve the right to charge for breakages and damage excluding fair wear and tear.
- DEFECTS Please report any defects you find in the Hotel room to the Reception office as soon as it is practicable.
- VALUABLES The management does not accept responsibility for loss of jewellery, cash or any other articles due to any circumstances including fire unless deposited in the hotel safe and a receipt obtained. A maximum cover of £1,500.00 will apply for all deposits in total.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER a. We do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on our part or any other person not within their employment or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, costs, expenses, injury, expense or any inconvenience or claim for compensation whatsoever, whether to person or property and whether caused by us, our employees or agents or otherwise, which you or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the hotel and golf facilities. In addition, we accept no liability for loss of or damage to your possessions on our property or land. b. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of us: – For death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or – Under section 2 (3), consumer protection act 1987; or – For any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability; – For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- VARIATIONS To be legally effective any variation of these conditions shall be in writing and acknowledged by us.
- CHECK IN TIME Check-in time is after 3.00pm unless otherwise agreed.
- NUISANCE During your stay in the Hotel, you agree to respect the well being of those occupants of adjoining or nearby properties and not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance. Complaints from adjoining or nearby occupants in the Hotel regarding your behaviour may result in the Hotel requiring you to leave the property immediately without a refund of any monies paid by you.
- COMPLAINTS a. All complaints must be notified to us as soon as reasonably practicable, as we may be required to carry out on-the-spot investigation and if necessary, carry out remedial action. b. If we were denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during your stay, then this may result in a reasonable reduction of any compensation payable to you arising out of such a complaint.
- BREACH OF CONTRACT a. If there shall be a material breach of any of these conditions by you, we reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the booking. b. If there shall be a material breach of any of these conditions by us, then you have the right to terminate the booking. c. In the event that we are unable to find someone else to occupy the room for the remainder of your stay, no refund of any sums you will have paid will be returnable to you. d. Termination of the booking pursuant to condition 4 does not affect that parties other rights and remedies.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION Any dispute between us will be governed by exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- VAT Subject to condition (7) the price quoted will be the price inclusive of VAT where payable.
- AUTHORITY TO ACCEPT The person who completes the booking and therefore accepts the terms of these booking conditions confirms that: a.. He or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking, including those substituted or added at a later date; b. He or she who completes booking and therefore accepts the terms of these booking conditions and confirms that they are over 16 years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy the hotel room; and c. He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
- VALIDITY CLAUSE If any item or provision in these booking conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the booking conditions and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.