...and is recognised by Sport England as a Clubmark facility.
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded with the GolfMark accreditation following a thorough assessment process. The GolfMark award is a national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner-friendly golf facilities.
The three key areas within the golf club which are assessed are: Coaching & Playing, Club Environment (including sports equity & ethics) and Child Protection & Duty of Care.
The Clubmark – Quality Club Accreditation shows that a club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives. ‘An accredited club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages as well as helping parents and carers know that they're choosing the right club for their young people.’
Benefits for Golfers:
- A structured environment in which to develop as a player and a person
- A fun, enjoyable, welcoming environment
- Access to appropriate levels of coaching and competition
- To be part of a game that will teach them respect, social & life skills, discipline, honesty, integrity, motivation and much more
- Creating a structured pathway into adult membership
Benefits for Parents:
- Junior friendly clubs can be easily identified, assisting parents, especially those who do not play golf
- Reassurance that the needs of children have been thoroughly considered and addressed
- A safe and organised environment for their children
Written by Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club