Lanhydrock's famous Giant Fudge Cookies are now almost as big as the 18th green!
Freshly made by our Pastry Chef Lizzie Carthew, jars of her latest creations are displayed temptingly on the bar. In fact, it's a well-known 'secret'
that the management are particularly fond of the famous Giant Fudge Cookies
- one is even partial to a second helping!
We challenge you to bake your biggest cookie and send in your photographic evidence via our Facebook page.
* 125g soft unsalted butter
* 125g caster sugar
* 2 tbsp condensed milk
* 125g self-raising flour
* Pinch of Salt
* Loads of Lumps of Fudge (We use Lanhydrock's very own Fudge - a secret recipe known only by Chef Paul and a few of his crew - but other homemade or bought-in fudge are acceptable alternatives!)
1. Preheat oven to 150c, fan 130c, gas 2.
2. Cream the butter & sugar together until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in the condensed milk, then add the flour and a pinch of salt and mix.
4. Stir in the loads of lumps of fudge!
5. Roll into 6 very large tennis sized balls.
6. Place on the tray & flatten slightly, give plenty of room to spread out.... almost as big as the 18th green remember!
7. Bake for aproximately 25 minutes or until firm around the edges but still soft in the middle.
8. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring carefully to a cooling rack. Wait just a few minutes before tucking in as the fudge will be extra hot.
Click here to print a PDF version of the recipe
Written by Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club