Top 10 reasons to have your wedding in Cornwall! 1 good reason to have your wedding at Lanhydrock!
Many people say that Cornwall has it all – beach, moor, beautiful picturesque countryside…
…so what better place to get married? Well of course we’re biased, but we’re also in the know. Here are our top 10 reasons to get married in Cornwall…
1. Photo opportunities – With beautiful backdrops, Cornwall is the perfect place to be in a beautiful wedding gown creating lasting memories and stunning photographs.
2. Food! The West Country is renowned for its delicious food and Cornwall has a whole host of specialities! From the cream teas, to the record-breaking Cornish pasties (all 1,750,000 calories worth) to the ice cream made with a little help from the 75,000 resident cows!
3. In good company – Amongst those with great taste is Cornwall-o-phile Dawn French, who re-married in Cornwall in 2013.
4. Music - Cornwall has a vibrant folk music tradition and is noted for its folk festivals, popular throughout the county. If folk music is not your thing however, we also have a great variety of incredible local bands and DJs.
5. Drinks - with several types of beer brewed, including stouts, ales and cider, vineyards, and even its own tea plantation, Cornwall makes sure you don’t lack choice! At Lanhydrock, we have worked closely with our local wine supplier to ensure that we offer not only great quality wines but also great value.
6. Weather – Cornwall’s micro-climate enjoys relatively warm and sunny weather, making it a perfect holiday and wedding destination. (However, we can’t guarantee this- it is still England after all!)
7. Tranquillity – Apart from the peace and quiet that comes with a rural location, Cornwall also has no jails, meaning the likelihood of a prison breakout during your perfect day is near impossible (and that can only be a good thing right?).
8. Room with a view – Wake up to beautiful views and a breakfast fit for a king and queen. Cornwall is also ideal for a mini-moon or spending time with friends and family after the wedding day.
9. Beautiful venues – Our wedding venue in Cornwall speaks for itself…
10. Best place in the world – As voted by us (like we said… slightly biased!).
1 good reason to have your wedding at Lanhydrock…..
Written by Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club